Vaccination against COVID-19 protects you, and it also protects your family, friends and wider community.
Everyone aged 12 and over can now receive a COVID-19 vaccine. There are lots of reasons for young people to get vaccinated, including:
- protecting you from catching COVID-19
- reducing your risk of severe disease, long-term side effects or long COVID
- helping you get back to school, college or university
- reconnecting you with your family and friends
- getting you back to doing the things you love, like team sports, going to concerts, travel.
It is important that you get two doses of the vaccine as the second dose is likely to prolong the protection against COVID-19.
With the easing of restrictions, we know Australians will need to access proof of their COVID-19 vaccinations.
Everyone 14 or older, will need to get their own digital certificate or immunisation history statement using either:
We have a range of tailored resources that you may find helpful:
- How to speak to kids about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Information for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Translated COVID-19 vaccine information in 64 languages.
- The ‘Is it True’ web page provides accurate, evidence-based answers to questions about COVID-19 vaccines.
Should you need any more information, please get in touch at: [email protected]