Since 2000, National Youth Week has provided a celebration of the efforts and contributions of young people aged 12 – 25 in their communities. In 2018, a new chapter began with the first celebration of Youth Week Tasmania, funded entirely by the Tasmanian Government.
Youth Week Tasmania 2022 will be held from Monday, 4 April 2022 to Sunday, 10 April 2022.
The theme for the Youth Week Tasmania 2022 is 'Youth: Next Gen'. The Tasmanian Government aims to:
- showcase the talents and skills of young people;
- celebrate the contributions of young people in communities, in education and in the workforce; and
- build the capacity of young people to engage with the broader community and develop practical skills through their involvement in planning and delivering Youth Week Tasmania events or activities.
- The Tasmanian Government has allocated $20 000 for the Youth Week Tasmania 2022 Grants Program.
- Grants of up to $2 000 are available to organisations to support Youth Week Tasmania 2022 events or activities (projects).
- Organisations may submit more than one application but will need to rank submissions in order of priority.
- Youth Week Tasmania aims to be inclusive of young Tasmanians from all communities, and to be celebrated in all regions of Tasmania.
Organisations must complete the online Youth Week Tasmania Application Form available at www.communities.tas.gov.au/csr. Late applications will not be accepted.
For further information, please contact Communities, Sport and Recreation by email at [email protected] or by phone on 1800 204 224.